Determinants of School Perseverance and Educational Success
- A variety of influences, both positive and negative, affect a young person’s educational pathway. These factors intertwine, can be diverse in nature, and can affect all or a part of a young person’s developmental continuum. There are many determinants of perseverance; however, different researchers with a range of complementary approaches have agreed that the determinants documented in this guide are important targets for actions aimed at reducing dropout rates. The committee of experts has therefore decided to reduce the list of determinants to those that have been thoroughly evaluated and that demonstrate significant and measurable effects on dropout rate or school perseverance.
Taking Effective Action on the Determinants of School Perseverance and Educational Success – reference document and fact sheets
School Transition Periods
- I am preparing for kindergarten!
Tools developped by the Regroupement lavallois pour la réussite éducative (RLPRE)
– Place mat – game (11×14)
– Leaflet for parents (8,5×14)
– Coloring sheet (8,5×14)
Complete the online form to order copies.
- The Transition to Kindergarten
Publications, Studies, Tools and Websites
- Reading for pleasure – Effective actions to motivate reading in youth aged 10 to 20
- Got my info? is an interactive web site for all Laval youth, their parents and all helping professionals in various areas working with youth (school network, municipal level, health and social services and community sector).